The Ten Commandments
1. You shall love God the Father Almighty with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind. (The most important commandment according to Jesus Matthew 22:36-38).
2. Thou shall not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in Heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shall not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3. Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that take his name in vain. (do not swear or cuss using the name of God or anything similar).
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (the real Sabbath day is on Saturday, from sundown of Friday to sundown on Saturday evening. The tradition of the Sabbath being on Sunday is a long standing error that was started by the early Catholic church)
5. Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God gives thee. (This is the only commandment with an implied promise within it, if you always care for and treat your parents with honor, the Father will give you a very long life)
6. Thou shall not kill.
7. Thou shall not commit adultery.
8. Thou shall not steal.
9. Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor. (do not lie).
10. Thou shall not covet (desire) thy neighbor's house, thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
Main Menu Or to return to exactly where you came from hit the Left Arrow Button in the upper left corner of your browser.